Saturday, October 2, 2010

Fun at the Beach and A Sleeping Baby



I completed another painting.  It was the same theme I painted a few weeks ago, of my little girl playing at the beach. Talk about inspiration!  No one ever tells you how much your children will inspire. For me it is also a bit of nostalgia from my youth, combined with the innocence they portray. I am still amazed at how fast they grow! I know I will not run out of subject material for awhile.

Summer Fun
5X7 Oil on Canvas



I also completed a sketch of my baby girl to go with the one I had completed of my oldest daughter when she was a baby. I attempted this three times and the third time was charm. I am pleased with how it turned out. 

I love how beautiful babies are when they sleep... so peaceful.


Charcoal & Conte Crayon on Charcoal Paper 2010



I still have so much to learn, but I do see progress in my work.

4 comments:

Canadian in Colorado said...

I love these! They look just like the girls. I particularly like the beach scene (I loved the last one as well).

Kerry said...

Thanks:) I really enjoy doing these, so more to come.

LG said...

Good works...glad you are enjoying your art...we do too!!

TSL said...

Sweet!