Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Moon in May...

I returned back to work this week after an amazing year home with my baby girl. So fortunate to have the time off. Since I was going back to work I wanted to do a new painting and decided to try to paint a scene I imagined rather than one I had experienced.

This is the first time I did my own composition and it came out completely different than the original plan! I picked up a round canvas and really wanted to do something with it. Initially, I first thought of painting a spring scene of flowers, but the canvas reminded me of a porthole, which inspired a scene of the ocean. I decided to continue with the theme of nighttime and which led to the full moon reflecting on the water.

Funny how our mind works.

Here is the result...

Moonlit Dreams - Oil on Canvas
10 inch round


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I love how your mind works ;0)

It must be hard going back to work after a year in the life of a darling baby.

love Dawn xx

Kerry said...

Thanks Dawn! The creative process is a funny thing ;-)

Going back to work has been hard, but I do like my job so I am lucky!