Friday, April 29, 2011

Night Harbour

Have you ever spent a few moments just watching how the lights reflect on the water at night? I am drawn to photos and other art work of night scenes. So, always overestimating my capabilities, I decided to try and complete a few paintings of the the city lights reflecting on the harbour.

The first painting I completed, was for a silent auction fundraiser to raise money for the Nova Scotia's Provincial Men's Choir;  Nova Voce. I am happy to report that the painting sold.


Harbour at Night
11 X14
Oil on Canvas
2011

The second painting I did is a close up of the one above. I chose to  play around with acrylics again and completed a 4X5 painting.


Harbour View
4 x 5 Acrylic On Canvas

The next one I completed, used a slightly different palette with less oranges and reds.

Harbour Lights
11x14 Oil on Canvas
2011


I decided to call the three paintings "Night Harbour Series". The shimmering of the water was a challenge, but I like the way they turned out.

4 comments:

Coleen said...

Kerry, really like these harbor views. YOu've got a good touch on getting that water reflection down. I"m your latest follower. Would love it if you visit my blog and maybe follow on there. Oh, and I'm from the Strathmore group. Aren't we having fun?

Cheers,
Coleen, an American in Ukraine

Kerry said...

Thanks Coleen! Visited your blog, it is fantastic :) Yes, I am enjoying the Strathmore group and glad to be able to connect with you!

Melisa said...

LOVE the little 4x5 one so much!

Kerry said...

Thanks Melisa!