Friday, January 21, 2011

Visual Arts Nova Scotia - Paris Salon Exhibition

I am excited to be participating in an upcoming exhibit in Dartmouth, NS at The Craig Gallery at Alderney Landing. This is a regional exhibition and sale put on by the Dartmouth, Bedford, Sackville and Fall River area VANS Group. It opens on February 3 and runs until February 27, 2011.

I have submitted two pieces, one to be hung initially and then half way through the exhibit, it will be refreshed with a new piece. The artwork will be hung in the Paris Salon Style with the larger pieces at the top. There are 50 artists participating and the variety of work will be fantastic. There will be new artists like myself as well as established artists.  There will also be other activities such as artist talks and demonstrations.

If you are in the area, the opening reception is February 3 from 7-9 p.m.




I have been experimenting with colour and light. I have also been thinking lately about "balance" and taking time to rest when needed, which has inspired the two pieces I have entered in this show. My paintings look at the simplicity of rest areas in public places, such as parks, that offer us that time for reflection or whatever we want to make of it. 

Here is one of my submissions.

Respite - Oil on canvas - 2010